Denver based Altitude SEO is looking for a mid level web developer to join a team of two in-house developers to expand our capacity and skillset. Our primary aim is to fill these openings with full-time, on-site developers.
Develops custom, often complex WordPress-based solutions along with general PHP framework-based solutions. Aids sales staff, account managers, and others in requirements gathering, web project planning, and general technical questions. Provides leadership in finding/developing new technologies and methods to advance the company’s web offerings. Aids other developers with system design and implementation. Performs server maintenance and monitoring. Supports current client websites by providing technical support.
Key Quantifiable Indicators
Reports To: VP
Works with: Principal, brand strategists, brand managers, designers, programmers, development, account service, copywriters, SEO manager; regularly engaged in internal and client meetings to explore and confirm project scope
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc) a plus. Laravel strongly desired.
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus.
- Knowledge of change control systems, specifically Git, a plus.
- Contributing to “scope of build” conversations with development team, project managers, designers and other developers
- Integrating sliced PSD files (usually already converted to HTML/CSS) into either WordPress or some other proven open source system (note: WordPress is our primary CMS platform); many of our builds are responsive
- Developing custom web applications that drive business processes
- Setting up e-commerce applications
- Monitoring health and uptime of servers (general server admin in a managed services environment; no in-depth configuration required)
- Collaborating with design, strategy and sales teams to find solutions for client website projects
- Contributing to support of current client websites
- Participating in regular company-wide and team meetings
- Participating in on-site and off-site client meetings
- Contributing to NSM’s best practices; recommending, exploring and implementing better ways to deliver
- Growing personal and team member expertise through training, exploring and prospecting
Examples of projects the Developer will work on
- Setting up multi-site WordPress builds
- Integrating feeds from social networks
- Custom developing blogs
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Customizing WordPress to support specific functionality
- Integrating shopping carts
- Building out responsive layouts
- Developing wireframe mockups to illustrate possible solutions
- CRM integration
- Developing new plugins for WordPress
- Contributing to the build and development of internal web applications to run NSM’s internal systems and processes
- Working with offshore developers on specific project deliverables to assure scope, quality and timely delivery
- Developing documentation for complex systems
- Minimal content migration (separate team for this)
- Minimal front-end development
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- Able to organize and run meetings, leaving with clear objectives and tasks
- Comfortable talking with clients (via phone, email and in person)
- Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Pleasant, personable demeanor (face-to-face, on the phone and via email)
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
- Capable planner
- A strong vocabulary
- Teachable spirit
- Sense of humor
Compensation: based on experience
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and cover letter for consideration.