What is SEO Software and Do You Need It?
Tools to enhance SEO have come a long way. There are now so many different ways to approach search engine optimization that many internet marketers are left wondering where to turn for the best bang for the buck. An even more pressing question can be posed – do you even need SEO software at all? Is it worth learning, implementing, and keeping up with the pace of the ever-evolving SEO software landscape, or should digital marketers do it all themselves?
To help make sense of this, Altitude SEO is breaking down the issue by taking a brief look at some of the most popular SEO software products currently available, so that you can determine for yourself if they’re worth pursuing.
The Right SEO Software for the Right Job
Before running out and grabbing all the SEO software you can – there are even free ones available – stop and think about what you’re trying to accomplish. Are you looking to optimize keyword density in the content you already have? What about integration with PPC campaigns? Is social media engagement an area of focus, as well?
Here’s a list of just a few of the most common SEO software titles, and how they can directly address each of these objectives:
- Agency Analytics: This is an agency-specific SEO reporting tool that integrates mobile app data, third-party analytics, and backlink management. For SEO auditing projects and PPC optimization, Agency Analytics is a good choice.
- SEMrush: SEMrush bills itself as a keyword analytics tool that offers both a free plan and a paid plan. One of the biggest benefits of this software is its ability to give you an honest value of each keyword, helping you to choose the ones to target more effectively.
- Serpstat: Serpstat is a multi-faceted SEO software title offering users the ability to dive deep into marketing and search analytics. Additionally, Serpstat gives you market share information for the domains included in the top 100 results for specific keywords.
Remember that any SEO software you choose is only going to be as good as whoever wrote it. There will always be value in taking a common sense, holistic view of your SEO strategy and implementing changes and tweaks that add value for your unique goals and objectives.
Additional Benefits of SEO Software
The benefits of SEO software can be realized when the right software is paired with the right SEO strategy. Although this can take some trial and error in some cases, the long-term results of a correctly implemented SEO software tool can be well worth the investment of time and learning.
With the right SEO software, you can:
- Generate more traffic
- Increase sales
- Save time researching keywords
- Gain valuable link insights
- Hone your overall digital marketing strategy
While there is a lot to gain by choosing and using the right SEO software, Altitude SEO remains as a reliable, proven resource for SEO success across all markets and business types. To learn more about how we can help you, call or email us today.